Thursday, January 23, 2014

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #123 - Bow Tie Wedding

Pin It Now!
 
Hello!
 
Welcome to My Craft Spot's Monday Challenge #123!
 
I was able to play along with this week's challenge, but didn't have a chance to share until today. This week's My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #123 is a FUN Sketch Challenge. Simply create a NEW - no backlinking, please - project using sketch provided.
 
 
The fun part about sketches is that you can interpret them ANY way you like. I opted for making a Wedding Card using papers from the My Mind's Eye Meadowlark 6x6 Paper Pad and Carta Bella Linen White Cardstock for my base. I used my Xyron Mega Runner  to adhere all the layers together.
 
 
I replaced the arrows on the sketch for a "Groom Small Bow" and a "Bride Small Bow" made using the JUST RELEASED My Craft Spot "Small Bow" Metal Die and adhered them using the Xyron 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dots.
 
 
The "Groom Small Bow" was cut from Bazzill Black Tie Cardstock and embellished with a tiny black button. For the "Bride Small Bow", I added some tulle, Ivory Jute String - available at the My Craft Spot Store - and a clear rhinestone. I turned the bow's end flaps - is that what they are called? - down so it would resemble a tied sash bow from a Wedding Dress.
 
 
I skipped the third arrow and added a "Large Wavy Banner" from the JUST RELEASED My Craft Spot "Ribbon Banners - Wavy" Metal Dies. I stamped the "Special Day" Sentiment from the JUST RELEASED My Craft Spot "Big Sentiments" Stamp Set with VersaMark Ink and then embossed it with White Powder. And lastly, I sprinkled a few Tuxedo Sequins - available at the My Craft Spot Store.
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed my BOW TIE WEDDING Card. Although I'm OK with how it turned out, I do feel like something is missing. Maybe Ribbon? What do you think?
 
 
NOW, its YOUR turn! Link up your SKETCH CHALLENGE projects to the My Craft Spot Blog by Monday, January 27th 11:59 MST for your chance to win this week's prize.
 
 
~*~ CHALLENGES ~*~
 
I will also be entering this card into the following challenges:
 
 
 
 
 


16 comments :

KimCreate said...

I think this card is stunning and is not missing anything! I love it! Cute bow dies, nice black and white design.

Tina said...

beautiful card, love these bows and details

Sukie said...

Beautiful card, love your take on the sketch!

Lin said...

I love this! The very clever use of the bow tie look and the frilly bow look to depict the groom and bride is genius!

Thanks for sharing this stunner with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Papercraft By Carole said...

What a stylish card. Love the die you have used to create the bows. Thanks for joning us at CCM&M this time. Cxx

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Beautiful card, Marlene! Your color combo is absolutely stunning and your bows are gorgeous!

Bee and Dee said...

A great card, lovely bows, great description of the card, thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge. Hugs Bee

Katie Sims said...

This is just plain adorable!! Love the black and white bows! I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

Houses Built of Cards said...

So pretty Marlene! LOVE how you used the bow dies!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Gibmiss said...

Hi
Fabulous card ... Love the Bows
Hugs Sylvie xx

fionalawlor said...

This is stuning! What a fab wedding card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More for our "Black And White" challenge :)
Fiona x

Kate (Small Bits of Paper) said...

Marlene, what a super card! It's a wonderful combination of elegance and fun. Such a clever way to use the bow dies too!

Glad to see you crafting again. I hope things are getting better for you!

rockpapercricut said...

Gorgeous! I love the bows-so fun for a wedding card! You always add so many beautiful touches to your cards. Great take on the sketch!

Ally

Kim x said...

I think that this is absolutely fabulous, thank you so much for entering it into my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More. Good Luck.
hugs Kimx

Beth F. said...

This card is so fun! I just love it!

Jenny Ross said...

B E A U T I F U L ... Just too G O R G E O U S. Love to share this beautiful wedding cards

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments, thoughts, or ideas. Please leave me a heart-warming message.

NOTE: If asking for a .cut file, please remember to add your email address.